Thursday, August 16, 2007

Designer Labels And The Outdoors


Being from a small logging town, I like to call myself an outdoors girl. Last week on my trip back home to see my parents, reality sunk in...

While I was up there, an old friend drove me out to a small waterfall to look at. On the drive up there I almost had a heart attack driving down the scary dirt road, up a giant mountain. The whole way I was worried my dress was getting dirty in the car!

We get to the top of the dirt road and we have to walk down a trail to get to see the falls. So here I am in a frock, and Betsey Johnson heels, clutching on to my Marc Jacobs Multi Pocket Mini struggling to get down this small trail, tripping over rocks and twigs. By the time I had gotten to the falls I was dusty and to my horror there was a spider on me! That was it, I lost it, I screamed, freaked out, flailing around frantically trying to get the spider off. Once I was sure not one bug was on me I stormed back up to the car and forced my friend to take me home to change out of my dusty clothes.

By the time I had gotten back home to my parents house it hit me. I am definitely NOT an outdoors girl, I have solidly transformed into a bone-fide city girl, without even noticing. So this brings up a thinker, can you be both? A sexy bushwacker wearing Prada and Christian Louboutins? It seems a little out there... What do you think? do you think it's possible to look pretty and go camping at the same time? Although, it seems weird to combine the two....

No comments: