Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Why Is Everything A Constant Competition?


Walking down the street, completely excited about my new designer handbag, I thought nothing could bring me down. That is, until a woman walked past me with my bag, but bigger, uniquely accented, and much more expensive.

All of a sudden my bag did not feel as great as it did 5 seconds ago, and neither did I. Why is it that women are always in competition with each other? Why does it matter whose bag is bigger or more expensive? Can't we just be happy with the glamorous bag we already have? I know I loved it, I still do, I guess I just want her bag now too, or maybe I even wish she just didn't have that bag at all.

I don't know what it is that drives us to think this way. Maybe we were born like this? Maybe something happened to make us this way? Or maybe I'm just like this... I'm assuming most woman are quite competitive, but maybe they are not? Do you feel like your in a competition? I need to know, is it just me?