Whats worse?Losing your precious and very expensive Fendi purse, or losing everything that was inside it, including your ID, credit cards, and money. Don’t over react just yet! It’s best to remain calm when your designer purse is lost or stolen. You can always buy another Fendi Purse, but you need to act quickly and smartly if you want to protect yourself against the valuable information inside your designer handbag.
Here’s what the Federal Trade Commission recommends: A lost or stolen designer wallet or purse is a gold mine of information to identity thieves. If your designer wallet or purse is missing:
- File a report with the police immediately and keep a copy.
- Cancel your credit/debit ATM cards immediately.
- Get *new* cards with *new* account numbers.
- Call the fraud departments of the major credit reporting agencies.
- Ask each agency to put out a fraud alert on your accounts.
- Report the loss to the fraud department at your bank.
- Review your credit reports regularly and have them corrected when necessary.
- Report a missing driver’s license to your state’s department of motor vehicles.
- If your keys are missing change the locks on your home and car.
Has anyone else experienced a lost or stolen designer purse? Any other tips or stories to share?
this was sourced from the purse page: